Monday, November 26, 2012

KINGSLEYS STEAK & CRABHOUSE, WOOLLOOMOOLOO


Kingsleys ranks pretty high on my list of perfect Saturday lunches, especially if the sun is shining and the wine is flowing. We spent the morning playing squash in Surry Hills, and after all that exercise, we decided to treat ourselves to a nice meal here. 

Entree:
We ordered the Garlic Butter Prawns and the Burrata Mozzarella Salad, both of which I would recommend and order again myself. 
The Burrata Mozzarella Salad was very different to any Burrata I've had before - the cream inside the buffalo mozzarella was a lot thicker and congealed than others I've had which are usually quite liquid. The flatbread had a smokey taste to it, and it was perfect combined with the tomatoes, basil and olives. 


Main:
We ordered the Oven Roasted Tasmanian Salmon, and New York Striploin for the main, with a side of zucchini, peas, mint, persian fetta salad, and the kipflers, spinach and chorizo. 
The striploin was very flavoursome and I really enjoyed it even though I'm not usually a steak person, but I found the salmon a little bland. Highly recommend getting any of the steaks since it is a steakhouse after all, right? 

Meal: Lunch / Dinner
Cuisine: Modern Australian / Steakhouse

Perfect for: Lazy Saturday lunch in the sun, definitely with a glass of white
Must try: Burrata Mozzarella Salad
Hot tip: If you're going during the day, book a table outside so you can enjoy the sunshine!

Price range: $$$ Exxy
My rating: 9/10

Address: 10/6 Cowper Wharf Roadway, Woolloomooloo
Near: The Tilbury Hotel - meet friends for a few drinks before or after dinner (or lunch if you're feeling parched)
Hours: Mon-Sat 12-10pm, Sun Closed

WEBSITE | MENU | Kingsleys Steak & Crabhouse on Urbanspoon 

No comments:

Post a Comment